Two days ago I personally opened my F:NV CE card deck for the first time ever. I also read the graphic novel All Roads, which was quite good. Anyway, this is basically a post commenting on most of the cards in the deck.
I’ll begin by saying that the backs of all the cards are not the same. There’s Vault 21 (I think 21 was a gambling-centered vault), Gomorrah, The Tops, Bison Steve, Ultra-Luxe, Lucky 38, Atomic Wrangler, and the Silver Rush.
The four suits are divided into four factions: diamonds for The Strip, clubs for the Legion, spades for Freeside, hearts for NCR, and the two joker cards are Benny and the Courier (with appropriate backs for both of them). There’s also a card with caravan rules, which is good for those who like that card game, but I don’t.
All of the character cards have quotes from the character on it. And you can easily notice that the deck was made before the game was finished, since not all characters look like their game counterparts.
I’ll start with the hearts (NCR), since that is the suit which starts in a card game I know called Seven.
- 2: Boone and Manny. Both look like elder men, but I think Manny looks better because of his bigger beard.
- 3: Cass. She’s blonde on the card, whereas in the game she’s a redhead. Also, she has a different type of face.
- 4: Captain Pappas. A character I have yet to meet in game/don’t remember at all.
- 5: Ambassador Crocker. Changed race from card to game.
- 6: Alice McLafferty. Looks just like her game-counterpart, but a little more kinky.
- 7: Colonel Hsu.
- 8: Rangers. Badass. Their armor in game is my definite favourite.
- 9: Crimson Caravan.
- 10: The Gun Runners. Fun fact: My favourite store in the game.
- J: Chief Hanlon. Looks badass.
- Q: Colonel Moore. Also looks badass.
- K: President Kimball.
- A: General Oliver. Or his hat at least. I agree with him being the ace.
Next up, spades (Legion).
- 2: Dead Sea and Alexus.
- 3: Ulysses. If I had looked at the cards when I first got them I would probably be confused, because he’s nowhere to be found in the base game. Now that I do know him, I don’t think he fits into the Legion section but whatever.
- 4: Canyon-Runner.
- 5: Aurelius of Phoenix.
- 6: Siri. One of the few characters in the deck who look stunning in comparison to their game-counterparts.
- 7: Cato Hostilius. Looks way to muscular, but I like it.
- 8: Speculatores. Never seen in game, but are basically scouts.
- 9: Frumentarii.
- 10: Praetorian Guard.
- J: Vulpes Inculta. He’s got white hair, and is more good-looking than allowed.
- Q: Lupa. Lupa the dog. I love the quotes on the card.
- K: Caesar. He looks cooler on the card to be honest.
- A: Legate Lanius. The mask looks badass, both on the card and in the game. Worthy of the ace spot.
Next up is clubs, also known as Freeside.
- 2: The Garret Twins.
- 3: Jules. Race change here too.
- 4: Motor-Runner.
- 5: Rex.
- 6: Arcade Gannon. Looks super creepy on his card, and evil.
- 7: Dixon.
- 8: The Van Graffs.
- 9: The Followers of the Apocalypse.
- 10: The Kings.
- J: Jean-Baptiste Cutting.
- Q: Julie Farkas. Her face on the card reminds me of some actress. Liv Tyler?
- K: The King. Of course. He looks super-Elvis on the card, and his jacket his white.
- A: Pacer. He has apple cheeks. I get why he’s the ace, because he fucks you over if you want to keep some peace between the Kings and the NCR.
Lastly, diamonds (The Strip).
- 2: Marylin and Jane. Marylin was cut from the game.
- 3: Heck Gunderson.
- 4: Sarah Weintraub.
- 5: Michael Angelo.
- 6: Tommy Torini.
- 7: Mr. New Vegas.
- 8: The White Glove Society.
- 9: The Omertas.
- 10: The Chairmen.
- J: Swank.
- Q: Marjorie. She looks like a corpse, but she’s still cool.
- K: Mr. House.
- A: Nero. I get why he would be an ace candidate (the planning to kill everyone on the strip might be it), but I think Yes Man would be a better ace. Also, he’s smokin’ with less epic eyebrows.
And that’s about it for this thing. If you’d like to see all of the cards uninterrupted, you can look at them here (which is also the source for the images I used).